Thursday, August 15, 2013

On the Road: Chipotle Mexican Grill, Fountain Valley, CA


Chipotle Mexican Grill
California's Chipotles have been testing out the vegan Sofritas filling option for their burritos, bowls, salads, and tacos. Lucky them. However, I did hear that the Phoenix metro area should also be featuring this option starting in September. So, here's a sneak peek about what we can look forward to!

The sofritas: shredded organic tofu braised with chipotle chilis, roasted poblanos, and a blend of aromatic spices.
Sofritas Burrito, Chips & Medium Salsa

Chipotle is very vegan-friendly and has a Build-Your-Own system for their food. Here's what you should avoid: pinto beans (cooked with bacon) and chipotle-honey vinaigrette, in addition to the obvious meats, cheeses, and sour cream. Also the location I went to today told me they had cheese in their guacamole, but I don't think that is standard, so check the location you visit.

Sofritas Burrito Innards

I ordered a burrito with the sofritas, cilantro-lime white rice, black beans, and pico de gallo. The burrito was humongous, filling, and delicious. I would have liked the guac on it too, but I didn't really miss it. I also got a side of chips and medium salsa. The salsa was nearly too hot for me to eat, but that could easily have been me.
All in all, the sofritas is a great addition to the Chipotle menu. It's fantastic when chains add solid and reliable vegan items like this. The lunch hour and travel-eating have just gotten much easier.


Chipotle Mexican Grill
Ranking: ****

***** awesome! Highly recommended.
**** hey, this is pretty dang good.
*** not bad at all.
** eh.
* bad. Keep looking for alternatives.
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chipotle Mexican Grill
18951 Brookhurst
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
(714) 968- 4003
http://www.chipotle.com

Hours
Monday - Sunday 11am to 10pm

Featured Item: SOFRITAS!

No comments: