Monday, August 12, 2013

On the Road: Bo De Tinh Tam Chay Vietnamese Vegetarian Restaurant, Westminster, CA

Bo De Ting Tam Chay Vietnamese Vegetarian Restaurant

Bo De Tinh Tam Chay Vegetarian Restaurant has two locations, the original small restaurant off Moran Street and their bigger second location on Beach Boulevard. Both are located within Orange County's Little Saigon, specifically within the city of Westminster. I happened to visit the location on Beach Blvd, which was tucked into an unassuming shopping center.
 
The dining room was elegant and peaceful full of dark woods, restful browns, little burbling fountains, and just an all around pleasant atmosphere. This would be a fantastic place for a date night or just a nice dinner out. I was told that usually the place is very busy, especially on the weekends. I was there on a Monday evening, and I got my food to go, so I didn't take advantage of the environment beyond the 15 or so minutes I waited for my order.
 
Beautiful Dining Room
The all vegetarian menu has approximately 200 items, and I was told only a few of them are not vegan... which unfortunately included the banh mi ca ri (French bread with veggie curry) which I initially had my eye on. But I moved on to choosing some vermicelli and rolls. The menu listed the Vietnamese name of the dish and the description in English, and many of the items had photos next to them. I didn't copy down the names of what I ordered, but I know they were #7, some kind of 'eggrolls', and #80 the vermicelli with sour ham.

Both were delicious. The 'eggrolls' were nice and crispy with a light, almost sweet dipping sauce. The vermicelli had a base of greens, topped with noodles, peanuts, pickled carrots and radish, and the sour ham which resembled small slices of Spam. I was a little nervous about eating anything labeled sour, since that is not my favorite taste, but the sour was understated and a nice contrast to the other ingredients.


#7 Eggrolls, #80 Vermicelli with Sour Ham
I'd really like to go back and explore the menu more thoroughly, but in the meantime, I highly recommend you pay this place a visit if you're in Orange County.


Bo De Tinh Tam Chay Vietnamese Vegetarian Restaurant
Ranking: ****1/2

***** awesome! Highly recommended.
**** hey, this is pretty dang good.
*** not bad at all.
** eh.
* bad. Keep looking for alternatives.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bo De Tinh Tam Chay Vietnamese Vegetarian Restaurant
15352 Beach Blvd.
Westminster, CA 92683
(714) 891-4455

No website, but here's their HappyCow Listing.

Hours
Monday - Thursday 9am to 9pm
Friday - Sunday 9am to 10pm

No comments: