Tuesday, September 24, 2013

The Cutting Board Bakery & Cafe, Mesa, AZ

The Cutting Board Bakery & Café Sign
Southeast Mesa welcomes new vegetarian/vegan joint, The Cutting Board Bakery & Café!

The veg café is tucked into a new strip mall in Kiowa Village, just south of Baseline on Power Rd. The Cutting Board Café is open now, but the grand opening is on October 12th. They currently have just a banner sign up, and there's an old sign from the former tenant above their doors, so don't let that confuse you.

This past weekend, I made a last minute stop to check them out and found a very promising place to eat. I can't wait to see them grow into their potential.

I visited right between breakfast and lunch, and so I ordered breakfast, which is very hard for me to resist.

The Cutting Board Service Counter
Right from the start, the Tamari Tofu English Muffin called to me, which is a toasted English muffin with macademia pesto spread, baked tofu, avocado, and tomato slices. It came with a side of fresh melon, I'm not sure what kind. Simple, healthy, and yet still quite tasty. I'd definitely order it again.

Tamari Tofu English Muffin, side of Fresh Melon, Mr. Marley Smoothie

I'm not a coffee person, but I did note they had fancy gourmet coffees, plus things like soy, almond, hemp, and coconut milks, agave nectar and raw cane sugar; and perhaps most importantly, chai lattes, which is what I order when I am not ordering smoothies. This trip I picked a smoothie, and they had tons to choose from, so I tried the Mr. Marley, with pineapple, banana, coconut water, and hemp seed. Very refreshing, and a nice breakfasty choice.

I do wish they had some kind of almond/peanut/nut butter smoothie, but maybe in the future. ::hint, hint!::

Some of the things I'd like to try on return trips: the Santa Monica (kinda like a bread pudding French toast?), Lentil Cabbage Wrap, Olive Tapas, Tacos Duo (with "nutty meat"), Cheesy Mac, and the Seasonal Veggie appetizer with the walnut dill dip (I'm a sucker for dill!). That'll keep me busy.

The Cutting Board Dining Area

Follow them on Facebook for daily lunch specials and regular events, and check out their website, it's got everything you need including the full menu.


The Cutting Board Bakery & Cafe
Ranking: ****

***** awesome! Highly recommended.
**** hey, this is pretty dang good.
*** not bad at all.
** eh.
* bad. Keep looking for alternatives.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Cutting Board Bakery & Café
2235 S Power Road, Suite 116
Mesa, AZ 85209
(480) 654-8081
http://cuttingboardcafe.com

Hours
Tuesday - Sunday 7am to 3pm
Closed Mondays



The Cutting Board Front Façade (main doors to the left)



The Cutting Board Bakery & Café (behind the palm tree)

2 comments:

Xhanthi said...

All of that sounded delicious, man I am so hungry right now! *faints*

Kenike said...

It was making me hungry to write it up! Haha.