Saturday, October 22, 2011

Amande Almond Yogurt

Amande Raspberry Almond Yogurt

First, the semi-disclaimer. I have never been a yogurt fan. When I went vegan I found soy yogurt to be far superior to dairy yogurt, edible even. And even more so, I liked the coconut yogurt when it arrived. Still, these yogurts are only once in a while eats, I don't eat them often. So, after  my successes with the soy and coconut-based gurts, and the fact that I like almond milks, I figured I'd easily welcome the Amande into the fold.

I was wrong. I discovered that I am not a fan of almond-based yogurts, or at least not this brand. I tried both the raspberry and the blueberry. I definitely think this could be just my personal deficiency somehow, as there are people out there who love the unsweetened almond milk which I think is bitterly disgusting. And as you can tell, I am not much of a yogurt fan to begin with. But I did find out that my hairstylist had the same disappointing experience with the Amande yogurt.

I don't like to give vegan products bad ratings, and I usually just don't review products I don't like, but I felt like I should do this one. You read my disclaimer, it really could be me and not the product.

Amande Almond Yogurt
Rating: *1/2

***** awesome! Highly recommended.
**** hey, this is pretty dang good.
*** not bad at all.
** eh.
* bad. Keep looking for alternatives.

[I'm pretty sure Whole Foods is the only place that has this. I suppose Sunflower Market might, but I almost never go there to know for sure.]



2 comments:

x said...

It's a shame you don't like them but not everyone will like a product, even if it's vegan.

I'd love to try something like that, our vegan yoghurt options here limited to soy only and they're pretty bad!

For the Portuguese custard tarts I used a packet of vegan custard mix, it's really easy to buy here, can you get vegan custard mix where you live? If so, try that!

Kenike said...

Yes, tis true. There is a huge variety in likes and dislikes between vegans.

I vaguely recall seeing a vegan custard mix somewhere. It's not something I would normally use so I haven't been paying attention to it. But I'd love to try some vegan quejadas or whatever variation these might be. :)