Sunday, October 23, 2011

Apple Annie's Orchard, Willcox, AZ

Picking chili peppers.

A photo journey.

My sis, bro in law, nephew and I visited Apple Annie's and picked some goodies from the land. We missed the apple picking season by one week, but we got some green beans, chili peppers, jalapenos, poblano peppers, eggplants, and okra. Sunflowers, pumpkins, bell peppers, tomatoes, and squash were also available for picking. We went kind of late in the picking season overall, so I recommend hitting them earlier in October or late September. Picking yourself is optional, all goodies are also offered already picked, but it is fun and cheaper to DIY.


Fuzzy caterpillar dancing to The Ugly Bug Ball song by Burl Ives.

Sweet Potato and Pumpkin Butters (didn't look to see if vegan, but betting so.)

Purty Corns.

Green Beans. My most favorite.

Yellow Eggplants. Not a fan of eggplant, these guys conned me into taking them home anyway.

Apple Trees. (er, I think)

Drying peppers.

Urbanites visitng the Farm. Phone call while picking peppers? No problem!

Gourds

Sunnies.

Pumpkin Patch


Our Harvest Bucket

No comments: