Wednesday, September 21, 2011

On the Road: Sensitive Sweets Bakery, Fountain Valley, CA


Sensitive Sweets Bakery

Sensitive Sweets is located in a little strip mall, just a few blocks from Au Lac Fine Humanese Cuisine. Their baked goods are free of wheat/gluten, dairy/casein, eggs, soy, and nuts. That's A LOT of frees! Almost everything on display when I was there was vegan, except the marshmallow cupcakes (which my sister got- I didn't realize it til after I took the pictures). I know there is a market for these baked goods, as there are people who have allergies or sensitivities to all or most of these things. And if you are one of these people, I definitely recommend this place.

I wouldn't say that these were even close to the best vegan cupcakes or cookies I have ever had, but considering the ingredient limitations these were tasty. My omni mom took a bite of my Black Forest Cupcake, and completely agreed. The cupcake frosting was really light and fluffy, and melted in my mouth. I didn't try any of the other cupcakes.

Black Forest, Marshmallow (not vegan), Lemon Blackberry Cupcakes

I did get one of the frosted cookies because I had read a review saying they were good. And it was. I liked it even better than the cupcake. It was a little mushy or perhaps slightly undone, but the flavor and frosting were good.

 I recommend Sensitive Sweets mostly for those with allergies and sensitivities. If you are looking for regular vegan cupcakes in the Orange County area, I believe these places usually have some: Native Foods, Luscious Organic Desserts (served at Mother's Market Costa Mesa and Seabirds Truck), Sprinkles, Whole Foods, and possibly Avanti Cafe.

Black Forest, Marshmallow (not vegan), Lemon Blackberry Cupcakes & Frosted Cookie



Sensitive Sweets Bakery
Ranking: ***  (great for those with sensitivities and allergies)

***** awesome! Highly recommended.
**** hey, this is pretty dang good.
*** not bad at all
** eh.
* bad. Keep looking for alternatives.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Sensitive Sweets Bakery
17431 Brookhurst St.
Fountain Valley, CA 92708
(714) 968-9169
http://www.sensitivesweets.com/

Hours
Tuesday - Friday 10am - 6pm
Saturday 10am - 5pm
Closed Sunday & Monday

No comments: