Monday, March 8, 2010

Green New American Vegetarian Restaurant, Tempe, AZ



Green is my favorite local restaurant, by far. I love that I can order ANYTHING off the menu and not have to worry whether or not it is vegan. It's all 100% vegan, and 100% delicious.

Green has healthy items on the menu, but their specialty is vegan comfort food. I'm personally addicted to their Secret BBQ 'Chicken' Sandwich, which was voted #1 mock chicken sandwich in the US by Peta, their Thyme Fries, and their Vegan Crab Puffs (pictured left).

During my most recent excursion, I broke out of a rut and ordered the special entree, The Micky, and the special Tsoynami (vegan soft serve and various mix-ins), the TaunEclair. The specials don't last long, and Damon Brasch, the owner, posts the latest special on the Green Facebook page so you can keep track.

The Micky (pictured right)- sliced turkey, melted jack cheese, shredded cabbage, papas fritas and Mickey sauce on Texas Toast- comes w/ a side. [This was the opposite of health food, grease city! But it is good, and the Micky sauce tastes a bit like a vegan version of the Outback's Bloomin' Onion Dipping Sauce, at least what I remember it tasting like. I had fresh fruit as my side, you just cannot see it in the photo.]

TaunEclair Tsoynami (pictured right/above)- Flakey, French Pastry with Agave Dark Chocolate Ganache and a Swirl of Chocolate Syrup! [This is like a chocolate croissant in vanilla soft serve with chocolate syrup. Tasty!]

My companions had the Drunken Mushroom 'Chicken' Bowl with Rice, and the Artichoke Gratine.
                           

Green ALWAYS gets 5 stars in my book. And in case you were wondering, they have free wifi too!



Green
Ranking: *****

***** awesome! Highly recommended.
**** hey, this is pretty dang good.
*** not bad at all.
** eh.
* bad. Keep looking for alternatives.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Green New American Vegetarian
2240 N. Scottsdale Road #8
Tempe, Arizona 85281
Tel: (480) 941-9003
www.greenvegetarian.com

Hours
Monday - Saturday 11:00 - 9:00
Sunday - Closed

No comments: