Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Thai Dinner

clockwise from top center: Red Thai Tofu, Green Beans with Thai Basil, and the Bhutanese Pinapple Rice
I recently made a Thai dinner from recipes in the Appetite for Reduction cookbook. It went over very well. Very tasty, and the recipes were on the healthy end of the spectrum. I made the Red Thai Tofu, Green Beans with Thai Basil, and the Bhutanese Pinapple Rice.

I used jarred Thai basil instead of fresh. I found the Thai basil, Thai red curry paste, and the Bhutanese red rice at Whole Foods. The rest of the ingredients are simple to find. I think I've also seen the Thai red curry paste at Sprouts too. And both the Thai red curry paste and jarred/fresh Thai basil can probably be found at LeeLee's Oriental Supermarket.

This post is very short. Just sharing the small menu, a couple of tips, a quick photo, and a hearty recommendation to check out not only these recipes, but the book itself. I have Appetite for Reduction in paper book, but just had to get it for my Kindle too, so I can travel with it.




No comments: