Monday, June 20, 2011

Loving Hut, Central Phoenix, AZ

Loving Hut - Central Phoenix

On the surface, the menu for Loving Hut in Central Phoenix looks remarkably like that of the Glendale location. But I have to say, some of the things I ordered at CenPho thinking they were the same as Glendale, were ever so slightly different, and not just because they use different names. For example, the Sage Lemongrass and Golden Beauty differ in taste just a little bit. So did the wontons. The point is, don't be surprised if you order one of your favorites from either location and it tastes just a little different at the other.

Wonton Soup
That said, I am excited to report there are clearly some different menu items at the newer CenPho. Some examples: MooShu Vegetables, Sizzling Rice Soup, Pan-Fried Dumplings, Clay Pot Sensation, Stuffed Tomatoes...etc.
clockwise from top left: Sweet and Sour Divine, Rainbow Salad, & Summer Rolls
Everything has been good here so far. Probably the weirdest thing I have had is the Claypot Sensation. I liked it, but it definitely had an interesting texture, I am guessing to replicate some kind of soft fish. One of my dining companions didn't care for it, but I'd order it again, as long as dinner was family style.

Over several visits, I've had the Sweet and Sour Divine, Rainbow Salad, Summer Rolls, Crispy Wontons, Wonton Soup, Sage and Lemongrass, MooShu Vegetables, Claypot Sensation, and House Fried Rice. I was ecstatic to see the MooShu Vegetables, one of my favorite Chinese dishes, and it did not disappoint. I don't know what else to say. It's all good stuff!

Oh, CenPho is open on Sundays for dinner whereas Glendale is closed. But Glendale is open on Mondays, and CenPho is not. So if you need Loving Hut on Sunday or Monday, double check which one is open on their websites.


Sweet and Sour Divine, Rainbow Salad, Summer Rolls, & MooShu Vegetables

Clay Pot Sensation & MooShu Vegetables


Loving Hut - Central Phoenix
Ranking: *****


***** awesome! Highly recommended.
**** hey, this is pretty dang good.
*** not bad at all.
** eh.
* bad. Keep looking for alternatives.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Loving Hut - Central Phoenix
3239 E. Indian School Rd.

Phoenix, Arizona 85018
(602)264-3480
http://lovinghut.us/

Hours

Tuesday - Saturday 11:00AM-2:30PM and 5:00PM-9:00PM
Sunday - 4pm - 8pm
Monday Closed

No comments: