Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Recipe Round-Up: King Cakes for Mardi Gras




from The Sweetest Vegan's Vlogazine

Every year I completely miss Mardi Gras and I think, I'll just remember to make a King Cake next year, because I've been dying to try one. And this year, I have continued this sad little tradition and pretty much let Mardi Gras pass me by unawares. It was never something my family celebrated when growing up and I suppose that explains why it is not on my internal calendar. Right about now, and even when in February, we pretty much focus only on the upcoming St. Patrick's Day. I might make one of these cakes this month, but it certainly won't be timely.

However, I will share some of the King Cake recipes around the blogsphere with you. Maybe you've still got a chance...


**King Cake via Ecorazzi and about.com.(I think these are the same recipe, though the photos show very different cakes.)

**Kittee's King Cake

**Cake Maker to the Stars's King Cake (Gluten-Free)

**King Cake from Amy at PETA

**And another version of a more lemony iced King Cake from PETA

**Vegan in Louisiana also shares a Vegan King Cake recipe

**Fat-Free Vegan's Gluten-Free King Cake Cookies (They are so cute! And you she gives us instructions on how to put the gluten back in if we so choose.)

No comments: