Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Pomegranate Cafe, Phoenix/Ahwatukee, AZ

Filtered water with pomegranate and mint.

I finally made it to Pomegranate Cafe. It is a cute little 100% vegetarian, 95% vegan place off 40th Street and Chandler Blvd near Trader Joe's. My friend and I managed to time it so we could eat a late breakfast and also beat the crowd. In fact, the lunch crowd came just as we were getting ready to leave.
Pomegranate Cafe


The Lumberjack (Tofu Version) with a side of Harvest Hash

I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok!

I ordered the Lumberjack as I had seen many positive reviews on the sandwich. And it was indeed very tasty. That said, there really wasn't anything about it that I could not duplicate at home. Except they are probably a bit better at cooking tofu than I am. I also ordered the Harvest Hash which was pretty good. I got my potato fix, but in a healthier way than just straight up potatoes, because the hash included butternut squash, sweet potatoes, and onions with the regular yukon gold. The little bits of orange, pomegranate, and sprouts that essentially garnished the plate were in season and delicious.


The Quesadilla (that's half a Cowgirl Cookie in the middle)

My friend ordered the Quesadilla, and while she seemed content with it, it seemed a little bit small in the portions department. I didn't take the opportunity to try it but I did get a bite of the Cowgirl Cookie which was delicious.

The Counter

There was so much hustle and bustle by the staff there, and quite a good amount of staff, that I can only imagine they were prepping for the week of holiday diners. Pomegranate Cafe is offering catered sides for Thanksgiving, but if you did not get your order in by November 20th, you are out of luck.


Cassie Latte

I don't drink coffee, but my friend ordered the Cassie Latte. I have heard lots of buzz about this latte, and it was shared by my friend who determined it was the BEST latte she had EVER had. That is an impressive reaction, I must say.


Dessert Case

The dessert case was rather drool-worthy. This image doesn't even show the pastries and cookies that were on the counter further down!  There were more cookies, muffins, biscotti, etc. and some of it was even gluten-free or raw. I had a hard time choosing what I wanted.


Super Berry Cheesecake, Pumpkin Chai Cookie, Raw Thin Mint Cookie

Ultimately, I settled on the Supper Berry Cheesecake which was quite nice, as well as the Pumpkin Chai and RawThin Mint Cookies, to go. I really liked the Pumpkin Chai cookie. And I was pleasantly suprised by the Raw Thin Mint one. I try them anyway, but I'm usually not impressed by raw desserts. These were all delicious.
I definitely recommend that you visit the Pomegranate Cafe. The food is fresh and healthy, and they even have delightful goodies for your sweet tooth.



Pomegranate Cafe
Ranking: ****1/2

***** awesome! Highly recommended.
**** hey, this is pretty dang good.
*** not bad at all.
** eh.
* bad. Keep looking for alternatives.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pomegranate Cafe
4025 E. Chandler Blvd. Suite 28
Phoenix, AZ 85048
480-706-7472
http://www.pomegranatecafe.com/

Hours*
Tuesday-Friday  6:30am-3:30pm
Saturday-Sunday 7am-4pm

*Double check for seasonal hours.

5 comments:

Veg-In-Training said...

Glad you made it to the Pomegranate. If you get a chance, try the elixers. They are very refreshing albeit a little pricey.

Sonia said...

I need to get back there soon. The "cheese steak" is calling me!

Anonymous said...

Greetings,

I have a inquiry for the webmaster/admin here at chicosandbeans.blogspot.com.

May I use some of the information from your blog post above if I give a link back to your site?

Thanks,
Mark

Kenike said...

If this is a legitimate request and not spam, please send an email to the address listed on the webpage.

Anonymous said...

pumpkin chai cookies? Two of my favorite things!