Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Holiday Silk Taste Test



For the past several years, I've been loving the Silk Nog. Regular Egg Nog was always too rich and thick for me, Silk solves all that and is vegan too. Win win. Anyway, this year Silk introduced the new Mint Chocolate Soy Drink, and I think last year the new one was their Pumpkin Spice. Well, I am here to do a taste test of all three holiday Silks for you.

Starting with the Mint Chocolate, this tastes a bit like a peppermint patty liquified. Never my favorite flavor combination or candy, this bev is a-ok. I would drink it again. I have heard that a lot of other people really like this one. I'm not surprised, I can see why, it's just not something that works for me. I think I like this one better than I liked the Vitasoy's Chocolate Peppermint Soy Drink.

Moving on to the Pumpkin Spice, this has a soft touch of pumpkin flavor. I'm not really one for pumpkin-flavored anything, so I only found this to be decent. It's strange, last year I remember trying this and wondering why they even made it because it tasted so much like the Nog and not very pumpkiny. But this year, I could really taste the pumpkin and didn't find it to be as similarly spiced as the Nog.  ::shrug::

By far my favorite. I love the Nog. Love it. And I look forward to it every year. My omni sister likes the Silk Nog too. She had the same problem that I did with the regular Egg Nogs, too thick and rich. Silk Nog= just right! Creamy deliciousness. Mmmm.

(Note: In case you were thinking about them, both the Vitasoy Holly Nog and Vitasoy Chocolate Peppermint have been discontinued in the U.S. but are still supposed to be available in Canada.)


Silk Mint Chocolate
Ranking: ***

Silk Pumpkin Spice

Ranking: ***


Silk Nog
Ranking: *****

***** awesome! Highly recommended.
**** hey, this is pretty dang good.
*** not bad at all.
** eh.
* bad. Keep looking for alternatives.

[Silk seasonal soy drinks can be found at Sprouts and Whole Foods. Other stores that carry Silk regularly might also carry the the seasonal Silks, it's just hit or miss.]

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I found Soy Nog at my Safeway this year and it's been a regular in my morning coffee :-)

Kenike said...

Right on!

Imaginista said...

I like nog too, but agree it can be too thick. I will definitely put this on my holiday shopping list.

Kenike said...

I've got some extra at my house should you pop by in the near future. :)