Saturday, May 8, 2010

Recipe Round-Up: Mother's Day (Kinda)

Sunny Blueberry Corn Muffins from Vegan with a Vengeance

Uh, I didn't do a recipe round-up for Mother's Day for two reasons. One, for some reason I was thinking Mother's Day was a couple weeks away still. Whoops! Good thing my sister emailed me to coordinate. And two, anything really goes for Mother's Day. If families have traditions, they are quite varied.

That said, I think two of the most common things are brunch and tea parties for Mom. So, I will give ya a couple of links to help out, but you are on your for this, my friends.

VegNews wrote a little featurette with some amazing brunch ideas for mom which included: Irish Coffee with Whipped Cream, Blueberry Scones, Potato Pancakes, Tempeh Sausage, Tofu Scramble, Chive Biscuits, Cashew Gravy,French Toast with Strawberry-Rhubarb Syrup, Cinnamon Buns, Vegan Crepes, and Peanut Butter Frozen Yogurt.

VegCooking.com offers this elegant brunch menu; Apple Crisp, Tofu Scramble, “Sausage”-and-Bean Burritos, “Bacon,” Potato, and Green Onion Frittata, Tomato-Pesto Platter, and Fresh Fruit Platter.

You can refer to my recipe round-up post on Spring Tea Parties, which has some great ideas for both brunches and tea parties.

Lastly, you can be a copycat. I'm making these recipes from Isa Chandra Moskowitz's Vegan Brunch: Hash Browns,  Tempeh Sausage Pastry Puffs, and Cinnamon Rolls, along with some fruit. That's not all we are having but the rest of the food is omnivorian.

Of course, you can always pick out some of the other great recipes from Isa's Vegan Brunch. But if you are making the Chesapeake Tempeh Cakes, save some for me because I have been dying to try them.

No comments: