Friday, February 26, 2010

An Oregonian Food Writer Goes Vegan

Grant Butler is a food/arts writer for The Oregonian. For the month of February, at least, he is going vegan. And he's sharing his journey with his readers. I've been a vegan for almost four years now, which means I no longer connect as well with the super newbie experience, much as I would like to. But he does. I've been reading his posts and it feels very familiar to some of what I experienced. I wanted to share it with you too.

This link shows all of the 'Going Vegan' posts by Grant Butler.

This link shows all posts written by Grant Butler.

I'll be interested to see what he thinks at the end of the month and if he plans on staying vegan. He seems to be really enjoying it and is very enthusiastic about his experience. I hope he doesn't succumb to the pressure of being an omnivore food writer. And even if he does, it still seems like he'll be particularly vegan-friendly and will write plenty of stories and reviews about the vegan restaurants and foods out there.

No comments: