Monday, July 23, 2012

Recipe: Skeptical Salad


I have no idea where my sister found this recipe originally, but it has been a staple in my family for several years now. It's one of my favorites, because it is so dang simple, and yet so delicious. I called it "skeptical" because I couldn't understand why there were green onions in it and how the combination could possibly taste good. But it does, although the green onions are optional if you aren't a fan. Also, I adore the dressing! And you can eat this with strawberries during the spring and summer, and with pomegranate arils during the fall and winter. Both versions are excellent.
Skeptical Salad
Skeptical Salad
Salad Base

INGREDIENTS

Mixed greens
*1 pint strawberries, hulled and sliced OR 1/3 cup pomgranate avrils
*11 ounce can of mandarin orange segments in juice
*2/3 cup green onions, sliced
*1 cup glazed walnuts

DIRECTIONS:
Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl.


Dressing

INGREDIENTS
 1/4 cup orange juice
 1/4 cup agave nectar
 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard

DIRECTIONS:
Mix all ingredients. Refrigerate until serving. Shake/mix well before pouring on salad.

No comments: