Wednesday, February 15, 2012

On the Road: zpizza, Huntington Beach, CA


zpizza, Huntington Beach
zpizza, Surf City HB
zpizza is a pretty big chain in California, with 49 restaurants. In fact, Huntington Beach has not one, but two locations. In comparison the Phoenix metro area has a paltry five zpizzas. I've been to the Downtown and Midtown Phoenix locales, but I've really only reviewed the Downtown location.


Anyway, I visited the Beachmont Plaza HB zpizza one fine evening and picked up a Berkeley Vegan. I *needed* pizza. I've reviewed the Berkeley Vegan before, but shall I refresh your memory? The pizza is topped with Gardein veggie burger crumbles, which is like a mock spicy sausage. Plus, marinara, zucchini, red onions, bell peppers, tomatoes, mushrooms, and the Daiya mozzarella shreds.

Berkeley Vegan

I wasn't blown away by the pizza this time around, but it was still quite tasty. I don't know if I've had better vegan pizzas since the last time I ate at a zpizza, or what the deal was. Regardless of the quibble, zpizza is definitely a good place for a pie.

What I love about Huntington Beach restaurants is they often have surf art, historic photos, and/or paraphenilia on the walls, and the Beachmont HB zpizza was no exception. We'll have to make do with the subpar photos from my phone for sharing the experience.

zpizza, Huntington Beach Historic Photos and Surfboard


zpizza - Huntington Beach (Beachmont Plaza)
Ranking: ****

***** awesome! Highly recommended.
**** hey, this is pretty dang good.
*** not bad at all.
** eh.
* bad. Keep looking for alternatives.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

zpizza - Huntington Beach (Beachmont Plaza)
10035 Adams Ave
Huntington Beach, CA 92646
(714) 968-8844
http://www.zpizza.com

Hours
Not sure. Not listed on the website.

No comments: