Monday, August 15, 2011

Fresh Mint, Scottsdale, AZ

Fresh Mint, Modern Healthy Cuisine

I *finally* got a chance to visit Fresh Mint in Scottsdale recently. And I loved it so much, now I need to send all of you there. Fresh Mint is 100% vegetarian and almost entirely vegan, with a focus on Vietnamese and Thai food.

The first thing I ordered was a Thai Ice Tea, a beverage I had never tried before but had always wanted to. This one is completely vegan and has a coconut-based cream on top. I am not really a tea drinker, except I do like Chai Lattes. The Thai Ice Tea was very different for me, but I think it is something I am going to like as much as my Chai Lattes. I will definitely order it again.

Thai Ice Tea
For my entree I ordered the Fresh Lemongrass Tofu; tofu, seaweed, rolled and seasoned in a tangy sweet red sesame ginger sauce. I adore lemongrass, so this was a no brainer. I'll admit, when I first saw the plate I was a little unhappy about all the plain, unsauced, steamed veggies (bell peppers, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, zucchini, yellow squash). I often figure if I want steamed veggies, I can make those at home. Only, these were so perfectly cooked and just plain fresh and delicious on their own with a good variety, that I instantly forgave them. Especially since perfectly steamed veggies are really what I should be eating, and who are we kidding, I don't actually make them at home. The rice was also perfect. I grew up eating rice with soy sauce drizzled over it, so I did that, mixing in bites of steamed veggies and it was delicious. But the real star of dinner was the Lemongrass Tofu. Oh wow, it was AMAZING! So good. And I've never had anything like it before.

Fresh Lemongrass Tofu with Thai Ice Tea

Unfortunately, I was having dinner alone when I visited Fresh Mint, and could only try the one thing. Next time I go, I will be taking several others with me so I can sample more items. It's going to be hard for me to try anything new because I loved the lemongrass tofu so much.

Just thought I would share a couple other reviews on local blogs, so you can get an even bigger picture of Fresh Mint.

~Four Legs Good
~Vegan Conversion Challenge


Fresh Mint
Ranking: *****

***** awesome! Highly recommended.
**** hey, this is pretty dang good.
*** not bad at all
** eh.
* bad. Keep looking for alternatives.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fresh Mint
13802 N. Scottsdale Rd Ste 161
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
(480) 443-2556
http://www.freshmint.us.com/

Hours
Monday - Saturday 11AM - 9PM
Closed Sunday

Bonus: Check out how Mai Ly (owner/chef) makes her Spring Rolls.



1 comment:

Rissa Watkins said...

That looks so good! Glad you finally got to try Thai tea.