Monday, July 4, 2011

Please, Sir, I'd like some more....

Just a few things I've cooked up recently. First up, Cajun Beanballs and Spaghetti from Appetite for Reduction.  I really liked this, especially the beanballs, even kicked up a notch above my preference. I think next time I will make this more traditionally Italian, without much of the Cajun spice and see how that works.

Cajun Beanballs and Spaghetti with Garlic Bread




I also made this sammie which is like a cross between a French Dip and a bánh mì (chay) from Veganomicon. So delicious! I absolutely have to make this one again and again. Seitan, seedless cucumbers, red onion, cilantro, vegan mayo, on a baguette with a broth-based dipping sauce. Great sammie.

The recipe (and where it says "finger" root, she meant "GINGER" root).
Vietnamese Seitan Baguette with Savory Broth Dip




I'm trying to eat a little lighter for the summer, and with less cooking. So I've been eating quite a few salads. I think I had this Pad Thai Salad every day for almost a week, which is when I ran out of the ingredients. I liked this one. The dressing is a bit fiery, but not unpleasantly so.

Recipe

Pad Thai Salad with Peanut-Lime Dragon Dressing




I made these cookies today. Nothing more patriotic than peanut butter and chocolate. I was craving them and Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar delivered. These cookies are in the "wholesome" chapter, and they don't taste as sweet as other varieties, but that's not a bad thing. Plus they use agave nectar, which is a nice change of pace for me. I fully confess I was a little bit surprised I had every single ingredient on hand.

Peanut Butter Agave Cookies with Chocolate Chips


 

No comments: