Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Latest

Things I've made or eaten recently.

My sister made this Blueberry Pie. It was pretty tasty, oozing fresh (well, cooked) blueberries.

The innards recipe.
And the crust was from Joy of Vegan Baking by Colleen Patrick-Goudreau.
Blueberry Pie

Mmm. Mango Pineapple Sorbet. My sister made this too. Her recipe: "I used whatever canned pineapple was left after making pita pizzas. Then I cut up some mango that we had. Pureed it with a petite can of coconut milk and put in ice cream maker. Voila."

Mango Pineapple Sorbet

My Minty Watermelon Seltzer Float is nowhere near as pretty as the creator's. Loved the creamed banana floating in the watermelon seltzer. Inspired.



The Seaside-stuffed Mirlitons were okay. I needed to up their cajun/creole spice though. I took the extra filling and cooked it in a casserole dish with the panko topping. It was pretty good. I didn't add any hot sauce or anything, but next time I will. They sure look pretty.


Seaside-Stuffed Mirlitons

Seaside-Stuffed Mirlitons with a side of grilled veggies.


Fruit Rolls with Sweet Chili Sauce from Whole Foods. (greens, avocado, mango, carrots, cabbage, and cucumber in a rice wrap)
Fruit Rolls from Whole Foods



I had a cupcake from Whole Foods Scottsdale as well. Research for an upcoming baby shower I am co-planning. I tried the peach colored one in the photo below, though it was really vanilla cake with a regular frosting. I suppose it wouldn't have been a bad cupcake if it hadn't been so dried out. But I make better cupcakes in my sleep. Unless the cupcakes are fresh, I say, don't bother.
Whole Foods Scottsdale Cupcakes


Luckily, you don't have to worry much about vegan truffles being fresh. Whole Foods Scottsdale has a whole glass case row of vegan candies! I've tried the turtles and a few of the jewel shaped goodies, and everything has been delicious. Highly recommended.
Whole Foods Scottsdale Vegan Truffles and Candies
 

No comments: