Monday, February 14, 2011

That's a Wrap!, Phoenix, AZ


That's A Wrap! (Look for the big orange sign)

That's A Wrap! is not fancy, and even with its move to the new location this summer, it's still not very spacious. But it does offer good food, it's cozy, and the service is friendly. When Damon Brasch owned the restaurant, he said anything on the menu could be made vegan. The new owner still maintains a vegetarian-friendly environment where you can ask for grilled tofu substitutions in anything. Although, there have been a few menu changes and tweaks, and some of the wraps don't look particularly veganizable, even with the tofu option.

The biggest disappointment with the move is they no longer have the Chocolate Almond Butter smoothie. I loved those so much! When I worked near the old location, well, I confess I had a bit of an addiction for them. I hope they will show up at Damon's Green one of these days.

Anyway! The Alotta Fajita is now called the Fajita's On, though I am pretty sure it is the same wrap recipe or very similar. And it is my favorite. I just ask for tofu and skip the cheese. So good. I haven't had the Prince of Thai since before the changes, but it is another favorite. And because of my love for those two, well, I haven't tried anything else on the menu!


Fajita's On Wrap with a side of Fruit

That's A Wrap!
Ranking: ****


***** awesome! Highly recommended.
**** hey, this is pretty dang good.
*** not bad at all.
** eh.
* bad. Keep looking for alternatives.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That's A Wrap!
800 E. Camelback
Phoenix, AZ 85014
(602)252-5051
http://www.eatatthewrap.com/

Hours
Monday - Thursday 10:30am - 9pm
Friday - Saturday 10:30am - 10pm

1 comment:

Imaginista said...

We like it too. We're looking forward to warmer weather and being able to eat out in that nice courtyard patio.