Thursday, August 5, 2010

LightLife Gimme Lean Ground Sausage-Style

You can't really tell, but there's a pita crust, slices of zucchini,
onions, and veggie sausage under that Daiya.


It's funny, I wasn't a big sausage eater back in my meat-eating days. [Wow, that sounds a little dirty.] I usually preferred ham, bacon, or pepperoni. So it's a little strange that I find myself making little veggie sausage pita pizzas every so often. But the fact is this Gimme Lean tastes good and is so versatile. I use it on pizza, in pasta, in veggie skillets, with breakfast, etc. If I liked meatball sandwiches, I'd probably make those too.




LightLife Gimme Lean Ground Sausage-Style
Ranking: ****

***** awesome! Highly recommended.
**** hey, this is pretty dang good.
*** not bad at all.
** eh.
* bad. Keep looking for alternatives.


[LightLife can be found at Sprouts, Whole Foods, and Fry's Marketplace.]

3 comments:

Rikki Cupcake said...

i love this stuff! i toss a bit of grill spice on mine and fry it up and eat it with tofu scrambles...yum!!

Xhanthi said...

I've been looking at that stuff and wondering what I'd do with it. Might try doing some vege sausage rolls...

Kenike said...

I love it in anything Italian, in tofu scrambles, on pizza, in Easter Pie...there's a lot that can be done with it. It's ground but it easily holds up if you want to mush it together and shape it into a patty for some kind of breakfast sandwich or whatever.

Easter Pie:
http://chicosandbeans.blogspot.com/2010/03/recipe-round-up-easter.html