Sunday, July 4, 2010

Smoothie Sunday: Date Shakes

Mother's Kitchen Vegan Date Shake


One of my family's time-honored traditions has been stopping at Hadley Fruit Orchards in Cabazon to get their infamous date shakes on the trip to California from Arizona. Unfortunately, their date shakes are not vegan-friendly, so I no longer drink them. As an alternative, Mother's Market and Kitchen offers a vegan date shake and so whenever I am in Southern California I stop by for one. Anyway, I just happen to have Hadley's Date Shake recipe and will post it for you here, veganized of course. YUM!


[Hadley's] Date Shake

INGREDIENTS
1/4 cup cookie dates
1 cup non-dairy milk
3 cups non-dairy vanilla frozen dessert
1 banana (optional)

DIRECTIONS
Blend dates with 1/4 cup non-dairy milk. Add rest of non-dairy milk and non-dairy frozen dessert. May add a banana if you like.

No comments: