Saturday, May 15, 2010

Sprinkles, Scottsdale, AZ


I finally made it to Sprinkles today for some vegan red velvet cupcakes. And they were delicious!

The vegan red velvets are a regular everyday flavor, but you might want to call ahead to make sure they have them in stock before you make the trip. I didn't have a problem, and they said they don't usually sell out, but, unfortunately, the only regular vegan flavor is the red velvet. I believe in the past they have random seasonal vegan flavors, but I don't know what they are, and I'm not sure what you can special order as far as vegan flavors go. I was in a bit of a hurry today and forgot to ask.


I do know, if you have an occasion where you want lots of fancy cupcakes, they can provide you with some tasty and fancy beauties, but they aren't exactly cheap. $13 for 4 cuppers, and $36 for a dozen.  They can also decorate your cupcakes with special messages.

However, I do not recommend eating the little 'V' decoration that they put on the vegan red velvets. It's super hard and has no taste. It is not a sugar decoration, and I was even wondering if I wasn't supposed to eat it at all. Well, it hasn't killed me yet.

By the way, Sprinkles is a national chain with locations in California, Texas, Chicago, and DC, with more to come.


Sprinkles
Ranking: ****1/2
***** awesome! Highly recommended.
**** hey, this is pretty dang good.
*** not bad at all.
** eh.
* bad. Keep looking for alternatives.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sprinkles
4501 N. Scottsdale Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
(located just north of Camelback)
(480)970-4321
http://www.sprinkles.com/

Hours
Monday - Saturday, 9AM-7PM
Sunday, 10AM-6PM

5 comments:

Duke said...

Ouch! over $3 a cupcake? Is there a reason for that? Hard to imagine what it would be.

Kenike said...

I imagine the ultimate reason is profit and because they can get away with it. That is the flat fee for all flavors, regular non-vegan, gluten-free, vegan, etc. It seems like they aren't stingy on good ingredients. The cupcakes were very much quality cakes.

And they are in a more upscale area of town, Scottsdale near one of the big, expensive shopping areas. Plus, these days you can pay $3-4 easily for a big cookie or a cupcake at a bakery. They are not alone in this.

ladytick said...

I had a regular red velvet once. It was tasty. It would be interesting to compare the 2.

Anonymous said...

I have heard of Sprinkles before- but yes, that is a bit pricey. They look pretty.

Crystal said...

Sprinkles is too expensive for me to go on a regular basis (which is probably a good thing for me), but I love the vegan red velvets. I'm looking forward to treating myself to some on my birthday. I really like how the frosting is coconut-flavored, since I dislike cream cheese.