Sunday, April 25, 2010
Sarah's Famous 7-Layer Dip
2 cups shredded cheddar-flavored vegan cheese3
1 cup guacamole4
1 container vegan sour cream5
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1/4 cup chopped black olives
My preferred products and where you can find them:
1. a. Rosarita Vegetarian Refried Beans- Fry's Marketplace (and most mainstream grocery stores)
Rosarita Veg Refried Beans are my favorites and actually came from a local Arizona man back in the 40s.
b. Bearitos Vegetarian Refried Beans (Low-fat or Fat-Free) (Black or Traditional Pinto)- Fry's Marketplace, Sprouts
c. Amy's Organic Refried Beans (Black or Traditional Pinto) (Regular or Low-Salt)- Fry's Marketplace, Sprouts, Whole Foods
I actually like Amy's least of the three brands, but they do in a pinch.
2. Lightlife's Smart Ground, Mexican Style- Sprouts, Whole Foods, Fry's Marketplace
3. The vegan cheese is really optional on this. I sometimes skip it altogether. But if you want it...
a. Daiya Cheddar Style Shreds- Whole Foods
b. Galaxy Nutritional Foods Vegan Cheddar Flavor Block- Sprouts, Whole Foods
4. Guacamole- I just have a simple recipe for this. 2 avocadoes mashed with a splash of lime juice or lemon juice, and a sprinkling of salt, pepper, and garlic powder. All to taste.
5. Tofutti Sour Supreme Better Than Sour Cream- Fry's Marketplace, Sprouts, Whole Foods