Sunday, April 4, 2010

Frosted Icebox Cookies

Frosted Grapefruit Lemon Icebox Cookies

I used the Frosted Grapefruit Icebox Cookie recipe from Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar: 100 Dairy-Free Recipes for Everyone's Favorite Treats, but replaced the grapefruit flavor with lemon since that is was I had. I made them once with grapefruit and they were a big hit. My mom recently asked me to make them again and I slacked about it for a bit, but finally got around to making them for her this weekend. I also want to give the recipe a shot with orange and tangerine. I love tangerine.

This is another great cookbook from Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero, and I highly recommend it. I've also made the Cherry Almond Cookies, Peanut Butter Chocolate Pillows, Blackstrap Gingersnaps, and the Mexican Hot Chocolate Snickerdoodles.

You can follow @IsaChandra and @TerryHope on twitter.

Terry's Viva Vegan cookbook is due out in a few weeks, and in the meantime, Isa is working on a beans cookbook. It sounds like a cookbook all about beans. I'm actually really excited, because I am trying to cook with more beans and this would be the perfect assistance I need. Yay for beans!





Wow...from lovely cookies to tooty beans...that was quite the journey!

2 comments:

Xhanthi said...

dammit they so look good.

Kenike said...

They are very tasty!