Wednesday, March 24, 2010

EcoTools

It used to be kind of hard to find decent synthetic make-up brushes. Even the cheapies seemed to use animal hairs, or you just couldn't be sure what the product was made from. Luckily, EcoTools came on the scene and now provides eco-friendly, cost-efficient, and high quality cosmetic brushes. I accidentally stumbled across these at Ulta a few weeks ago and was so glad that I did. These brushes were a pretty good bargain.

Some highlights:
*highly sustainable bamboo handles
*100% cruelty-free, soft taklon bristles
*recycled aluminum ferrules
*natural cotton and hemp cosmetic case
*reusable storage pouch

I have the bamboo 6 piece eye brush set, and the bamboo 6 piece regular brush set. So far, I have only used a couple of brushes. I really like the blush brush, it is so soft. And I like the way it applies make-up. I don't actually wear blush, because I have naturally pink cheeks, but I use that brush anyway. I like it for powder mineral foundation application. I'm not sure if my grandfather's rule about tools apply in the world of makeup ("Always use the right tool for the job."), but I'm the sort of person who uses a screwdriver as a hammer anyway.

I've also been using the concealer brush. I fully expect to start using the other brushes as I need them, I just haven't had a chance to clear out my supplies. I really love their travel cases and I know those will come in handy for traveling. Alicia Silverstone recently teamed up with EcoTools and created her own line of make-up brushes and cases. Fancy!



Ranking: *****

***** awesome! Highly recommended.
**** hey, this is pretty dang good.
*** not bad at all.
** eh.
* bad. Keep looking for alternatives.



[EcoTools make-up brushes can be found at Target, Ulta, Walgreens, and Whole Foods.]


For more information about companies that test on animals as well as those that are cruelty-free, please see CaringConsumer.com.

No comments: