Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Eco Lips Bee Free Lip Balm


I love lip balm and it is a major requirement for me, living in the desert with such dry weather. I use it daily, with 4 or 5 tubes scattered around in places where I usually need it (my handbag, by my computer, on my bedside table, in the bathroom, and the floating back-up). Eco Lips Bee Free is my abso-fave. It's soft, slick, and smells faintly of lemon-lime. My dry lips are instantly soothed whenever I put it on. I highly recommend this one.

Ranking: *****

***** Awesome! Highly recommended.
**** Hey, this is pretty dang good.
*** Not bad at all.
** Eh.
* Bad. Keep looking for alternatives.


[Eco Lips Bee Free is sold at Whole Foods, AJ's Fine Foods, Sunflower Farmers Market, and REI.]

I'd say all you ever need is this awesome lip balm, however, I know some of you are out in the sun alot and some of you want to add a little color to your lips. I don't have any specific recommendations for those YET, but I'll point you in the direction of some brands to try.

If you are going to be out in the sun a lot, you need some SPF. Without SPF in your lip balm you can sunburn your lips because many of them act as magnifiers and make sun damage worse. You can check the SPF lip balms out yourself, or you can simply try putting some regular sunblock on your lips and then your Eco Lips Bee Free Lip Balm over it. I have no idea if that works. I just made it up.

Some SPF Lip Balms to try:

Merry Hempsters Hemp Lip Balm, SPF 18 [Buy at Whole Foods, Sunflower Farmers Markets, Zia Records, Arizona Health Foods, or Online]

Azida Lip Balm, SPF 15 [Based out of Sierra Vista, AZ, you can buy their products from their website. I'm not sure yet what local stores carry it. Let me know if you see it somewhere.]

And you can find a fair variety of vegan tinted/flavored/scented lip balms around. Some brands to look for:

Crazy Rumors Lip Balm [Buy Online]

Merry Hempsters Lip Balm [Buy at Whole Foods, Sunflower Farmers Markets, Zia Records, Arizona Health Foods or Online]

Pussy Pucker Pots Vegan Lip Balm [Buy at She's Got Hers (Tucson, AZ), VaVoom! (Bisbee, AZ), or Online]

Lush Lip Balm [Buy at the Lush Store @ Scottsdale Fashion Square Mall or Online]


For more information about companies that test on animals as well as those that are cruelty-free, please see CaringConsumer.com

No comments: